West London – Flexible hybrid working available | Six-figure salary & bonus plus attractive benefits package
Development Manager/Project Manager (Development and Project Management)
Salary £53,179 - £70,326 depending on experience plus £5,500 car allowance
Location: Homeworking & Warwick
Closing date: Thursday 31 October 2022
We are working with one of the largest housing associations to recruit a Development Manager based in Warwick to lead on the delivery of major new build residential schemes, including S106. Hybrid working is available between home and the Warwick office.
As Development Manager, you will be responsible for project delivery of onsite projects and reporting on a portfolio of contracted and in-house build projects. Reporting skills are essential as your reports will be used to update the business and inform stakeholders of the progress of schemes, ensuring they are ready for delivery within set agreed targets and providing vital information if delayed.
We are looking for someone with excellent communication, networking and relationship management skills and experience of managing onsite projects. The role may suit an experienced Project Manager looking to progress into their first Development Manager role. The role requires strong stakeholder management with internal stakeholder teams and external consultants, contractors and developers.
As Development Manager you will need to be a commercially focused, innovative thinker and an experienced problem solver to help to deliver an ambitious pipeline of new homes.
You will be required to assist with the compilation of tender documents and administer build contracts and development agreements. For this we need someone with exceptional attention to detail, someone who is methodical and logical with their approach to work. You will be required to positively manage situations to get the best outcome.
Organisation and time keeping is key for this role, you will need to be able to work within tight time restraints whilst maintaining high accuracy and the ability to proactively continuously review current processes to identity more efficient/commercial ways of working.
For the role of Development Manager you will need:
- Experience of managing onsite new build housing developments.
- The ability to successfully lead a project team of internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to produce accurate financial reporting and business plan management.
- Outstanding attention to detail when it comes to identifying and managing opportunity and risk.
- Negotiating skills to ensure the best possible outcomes.
- Knowledge of the wider development process (conception to completion).
- First class development project management skills and proven experience in managing and delivering residential schemes within set targets.
- A thorough understanding of housing development including detailed knowledge of building practices, technical design, planning developing control, contract law, GLA/Homes England requirements and methods of construction.
- Excellent financial and commercial acumen.
- Excellent presentation, networking and communication skills.
- Ability to collaborate, influence and negotiate with a range of stakeholders.
- A professional qualification such as RICS, CIOB or MAPM is desirable.
- Access to a car to travel to development sites.
We may appoint to the role prior to the closing date so we recommend applying for the role as soon as possible.
You can request a full recruitment pack by emailing email@example.com
Application will be via CV. If you’re excited about this opportunity but unsure if you have enough or relevant experience please get in touch with Phil Foster for a confidential discussion on 023 8000 1153 or 07881 784997.
Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
As this role is required urgently it may close before the advertised closing date if a suitable candidate is found so please do not delay with your application.
Ocean Edge specialise in recruiting to the housing sector. If you are thinking about your future career options please email us or get in touch for a confidential discussion on 023 8000 1153.