Project includes 119 homes

Camden council has picked Bouygues to carry out the part-redevelopment of one of the borough’s housing estates.

The firm will involve Bouygues building 119 new homes in the Maitland Park Estate, which is located between Chalk Farm and Belsize Park.

Camden Bouygues estate

Source: Bouygues

Architects working on the scheme include Cullinan Studio

The new homes will be a variety of sizes to suit the housing needs of the borough, with the 1960s Aspen House Tower Block, the old Tenants’ and Residents’ Association Hall, gymnasium and garages all due to be demolished. Around 43% of the homes (51) will be rented by the council with the remaining 57% for market sale.

Cullinan Studio and ECE Westworks are the architects on the scheme.

The development will also include bio-diversity features and renewable energy provision. Work is expected to wrap up in the late summer next year.

The contract win comes a year after the firm was picked for the £100m first phase of a £350m housing estate development in the shadow of the upmarket residential job being built by Mace and Multiplex at Chelsea Barracks.