Uxbridge – Flexible hybrid working available | c. £60,000 per annum plus £6,000 car allowance and potential of 10%bonus
Uxbridge – Flexible hybrid working available
Circa £60,000 per annum plus £6,000 car allowance and potential of 10%bonus
Closing date: Thursday 25 October 2022
We are working with a new and innovative for-profit housing provider building high quality homes for shared ownership and affordable rent across Greater London. They have developments lined up to deliver over 700 homes and need an Operations Manager to be responsible for ensuring homes are well managed and maintained, meet targets and contractual compliance whilst delivering excellent customer service.
If you are experienced in asset and property management, maintenance and resident engagement, this is a terrific opportunity to join an exciting, new company that is challenging the norm in affordable housing.
The role of Operations/Asset Manager involves:
- Ensuring all homes under management meet regulatory requirements and health & safety legislation.
- Overseeing day-to-day operational functions and customer engagement with both tenants and leaseholders.
- Responsibility for all management and maintenance (responsive, planned and cyclical) including managing the performance of external contractors.
- Overseeing an effective maintenance service across all tenures that delivers value for money, enhances property values and increases customer satisfaction.
- Implementing strategic initiatives by overseeing budgets and financial reports.
- Ensuring the operational side of the business is statutory and legislatively compliant.
- Developing and managing performance reporting, customer satisfaction and service improvement and writing reports for the Board.
- Establishing company policies and implementing necessary changes to ensure the efficient and effective running of the day-to-day business.
- Assisting with setting and monitoring overall capital budgets including repair and maintenance.
You will need:
- Membership (or ability to achieve membership) of a professional body such as RICS or CIH.
- Experience in Financial Management Systems and managing budgets.
- Solid understanding of sector regulatory requirements, legislation, policy and practice, with experience in monitoring and ensuring compliance.
- Significant relevant experience in customer engagement, asset and property management and maintenance.
- Comprehensive IT skills.
- Demonstrable experience of implementing, developing, and improving administrative processes.
- Experience of developing, monitoring, and reporting performance indicators and measures.
- Experience of collecting and analysing data.
- Experience of working with and managing external contactors.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to work as a team player.
- To be a highly motivated self-starter with the ability to manage a busy workload.
About the company
This ambitious, fresh, and inventive for-profit affordable housing provider has been created by a premium London property developer. It was borne out of a desire to provide top quality, high specification, yet affordable homes to people wanting to own or rent in Greater London. By breaking preconceptions of shared ownership and affordable rent, the organisation offers an alternative route to buying a home in a city where many people feel priced out of the market.
There is no other housing association like them, and they strive to stand apart. This is your opportunity to join an ambitious and growing company as it breaks the traditional mould of affordable housing delivery in order to give more Londoners their dream home.
As well as a competitive salary the role of Operations Manager offers a range of benefit packages including:
- Car Allowance of £6000 per annum
- Generous Annual Leave allowance plus further days for long service
- Discretional bonus – 10% of base salary, based on personal and company performance
- Food/drink provided free of charge in office
- Gym in office
- Pension – matched contribution up to 7.5%
The organisation champions a diverse and inclusive culture so all applications regardless of race, gender, ethnicity or sexual orientation are welcomed.
If you’re excited about this opportunity but unsure if you have enough or relevant experience please get in touch for a confidential discussion on 023 8000 1153.
To apply please email your CV to email@example.com
If a suitable candidate is found the role may be appointed to prior to the closing date so we encourage you to apply as early as possible.
Ocean Edge specialise in recruiting to the housing sector. If you are thinking about your future career options please get in touch for a confidential discussion.