Salary: £38,296 - £42,503
- Job Reference: mkc/TP/238/860
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Working Hours: 37
- Closing Date: 29 May, 2023
We’re seeking someone with exceptional IT skills and knowledge of IT systems to join us as a Housing Systems Business Analyst.
We’re on an exciting journey to develop our Housing IT system with our new supplier (NEC) to support and improve our housing services to customers. You’ll lead on the implementation of new systems for the Asset and Housing modules and will document system enhancements and changes.
You’ll support the Housing Systems Manager and supervise the process implementation team.
- Excellent competence and skills in SQL, Microsoft Office Apps and object-based reporting tools (SAP) and knowledge of housing systems (preferably NEC).
- Undertake configuration, testing and evaluation of the system, implementing system changes and planned improvements (including upgrades and enhancements).
The Ideal Candidate
- You will have excellent IT skills and experience of supporting the implementation of IT Systems
- Knowledge/experience of working in social housing / property environment, understanding the changing regulations and the impact to our service delivery.
- Excellent communication skills for liaising and consulting with 3rd party suppliers / software system suppliers demonstrating good technical understanding of the applications.
- Excellent, proven and demonstratable experience of Business analysis and / or business process design techniques and methodologies.
- Experience of presenting information and facilitating group discussion and/or delivering training sessions for business users with varied capabilities.
We are really proud of the benefits we are able to offer our staff here at Milton Keynes City Council, including:-
- Local Government Pension Scheme, considered to be one of the best employer contribution rates of 18.8%.
- 28 days annual leave per year in addition to statutory and public holidays, rising to 32 days after 5 years.
- Holiday Purchase Scheme.
- Our Professional Development Centre provides access to courses such as in-house management development programmes endorsed by the Institute of Leadership, coaching and mentoring and access to our Smarter Learning portal
- Cycle to Work Scheme.
- Health Cashplan.
- MK Advantage benefits package – a range of savings on a wide range of retail, leisure and entertainment products and services such as Pizza Express, M&S, B&Q, John Lewis and Arriva Travel.
- Blue Light Card - Employees working within Social Care can qualify for a range of discounts from national retailers to local businesses in a wide range of categories including holidays, cars, days out, fashion, gifts, insurance, phones and much more!
- SmartGo – Aimed at encouraging low-carbon transport and healthy lifestyle with discounted travel e.g. Halfords, Arriva, Europcar, National Railcards and Stagecoach.
- Homebuy Scheme (for eligible roles).
- Smarter working which provides the opportunity to work from various locations including from home for a proportion of your role (subject to business needs).
- A full range of family friendly policies including enhanced Maternity, Adoption and Paternity entitlements.
- Childcare Subsidy.
About the Company
Milton Keynes is a diverse, welcoming, and expanding place, built on smart ideas with even bigger plans for the future. We have world class attractions, beautiful open spaces, and a great standard of living.
Milton Keynes City Council is one of the largest employers in the region, making a difference every day for local people. We’re responsible for all local government services in MK including education, housing, highways, and social services - around 240 services in all.
Our values are to be dedicated, respectful, and collaborative. If this sounds like you, join us for a stimulating and fulfilling career measured on results, and a rewarding work-life balance.